The best high performance all-rounder yet, improved and fine-tuned by the entire Traktor Team. 8 years after the original Monsta built its reputation as a go-to for surfers around the world, from WSL podiums to everyday sessions and annual Indo trips, the Monsta 8 is the result of nearly a decade’s worth of R&D.
The Monsta 8 is refined to the point where everyone from longtime weekend warriors to world champs are calling it their favorite performance driven all-rounder ever. And now, it’s ready for everyone else to ride and enjoy in a huge range of waves around the globe. The best always find a way to get better.
With so many epic but contrasting styles throughout the Traktor Team, JS spent months gathering input from absolutely everyone. It had to cater for some of the best pure rail games in the world in Parko and Ace, the aerial freak shows of Mikey, Ryan & Dusty, and the crazy versatility of Julian and Owen. There’s a little bit of everyone in the Monsta 8, with it becoming the new gold standard under the entire team’s feet. From Owen starting his comeback at Snapper on one of our key M8 prototypes, to JS and Joel constantly testing & improving on the latest changes together, we couldn’t be happier with the results.
First, the rocker has been tweaked to have slightly more curve in both the nose and tail. The last two inches of nose rocker have been lifted to prevent catching in quality waves, while the adjustments to the tail curve provide extra release. Concaves have been deepened through the fins creating more speed and removing drag, while maintaining maximum control. The outline also has a more pronounced hip, allowing for quicker, more responsive direction changes. The Monsta 8 prompts intuitive, fast and flowing surfing, and has an outline to match.
- Rocker: One of the M8’s most important elements is the rocker, which has been gradually refined and improved from the incredibly popular M6. The last three inches of nose rocker have been slightly lifted to prevent catching in quality waves, while the adjustments to the tail curve provide extra release. Overall, the entry rocker provides easy speed generation, which is complemented by the maneuverability of a medium exit rocker. This combination is an absolutely proven performer for high performance surfing in almost any wave type.
- Fin setup: M8 comes stock as a thruster. Alternative setups are available with custom orders.
- Glassing specs: HYFI Construction
- Rail type: M8 has medium rails, providing a forgiving ride if conditions are less than ideal, but still allowing unlimited performance.
Monsta 8 features a single concave starting at the nose running into a double concave beginning in front of the fins. Compared to the M6, the concave between the feet and through the fins is slightly deeper, providing easy manoeuvrability while still giving the board maximum lift and speed.
- Tabla Surf JS Monsta 8 HYFI
- Type of Tail
- Type of product
- Fin System
- FCS 2
- Delivery Time